Sunday, August 16, 2009

Any social change comes from the passion of individuals

It takes a lot to get me speechless.

I'm struggling to retrieve my heart and put it back in my chest. For the first time, in a LONG time, there came a movie that touched every fiber of my being and rocked my very soul to the core. I left the theater, my hands shaking for being completely overwhelmed with this new consciousness...the wanting to completely be aware of everything around me, and the desire to fly halfway across the world and be a part of something so incredible, to stop something so absolutely horrendous that you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it with your own eyes.

If you know me at all, and my beliefs, you would know why I would feel this way; so passionately about something that certain people have said "you can't really do anything about". But I've always begged to differ. And this movie shows that. This movie......damn, man.

There are so many things I could say.
I could say how many dolphins are killed each year.
I could talk about how the government covers up EVERYTHING.
I could talk about the innocence of a people that don't even know what's happening in their towns.

But I just want you to see it for yourself.

I DARE you, ALL of you, ANYONE who's known me at all and who have an ounce of caring in them to go see THE COVE. You won't regret it. If you miss it, you're very well missing one of the most astounding, important visions you will see in your entire life. Fuck all the other summer blockbuster bullshit. See something substantial. Something amazing and horrific all at the same time. Something that will have you standing up and wanting to do something. And then maybe, just maybe, you can see the world from my eyes.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.thecovemovie.com

The Cove
Directed by: Louie Psihoyos
Playing @ Regal Winter Park Village

No comments:

Post a Comment